Sunday, February 1, 2009

I'm feeling better about my life choices right now. Working on my inorganic chemistry problem set--and I realized that this class is really fucking cool. It gives you just enough quantum mechanics to appreciate what quantum is and what the beauty of it is. I mean, I know that at some level I knew what orbitals were, but it's kind of neat to see a function (even if we're not going into the nitty gritty details of the mathematics) graphed in polar coordinates and suddenly an orbital appears.

I'm also feeling better about the freakout I had on Friday where I wished I had been a straight chemistry major. Because effectively, I've taken pretty nearly the same courses as a chemistry major but I also know about as much biology as a biology major. I'm a little deficient in the math department, but I do know a lot of science.

No comments: