Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Nature Chemistry and Twitter

This month is the first issue of Nature Chemistry, and as far as I can tell they appear to have some sort of free preview for the first issue because I'm positive that Reed doesn't have access to this journal, but I've been able to access the full text PDFs. It seems like a good read, although I haven't had a chance to look at it all that thoroughly.

In addition, I have learned that all the major journals AND sigma aldrich have twitter feeds. As if I really needed to know about the latest advance in chiral chramotography in a two line twitter blurb, heh. It's sort of an interesting form of information flow, because I've noticed that this sort of abstract of an abstract catches my attention occasionally in ways that my RSS feeder doesn't.

I also learned that Nature Protocols gives out the occasional free featured protocol. This week it is how to produce silk-like spider proteins recombinantly. Which I'm sure has a lot of relevance to my life, but anyway, it's kind of cool that you can get random protocols without paying $500 a month. So if you were ever curious about how to make and purify spider silk-like proteins, you're in luck, I guess. I learned this from twitter as well.

1 comment:

Grace Baynes said...

Hi Constance

First issue of Nature Chemistry is free as a preview (and will stay free to access). Hope you enjoy - let us know what you think.

I'd love to hear what you'd like to see from journals on Twitter too - (g.baynes @ nature.com or http://twitter.com/grace_baynes)

Grace from Nature Publishing Group