Wednesday, January 28, 2009

and so it goes

Today I decided to drop my biology seminar in favor of keeping all of my chemistry courses. I'm feeling good about this decision, and I have a tough semester ahead of me but I really like all my courses (well, besides stat therm, but stat therm is a necessary evil), and regardless of whether or not it's more or less work than my other classes, it is one more thing to keep track of. The course is offered every year so I can take it next year, and bio seminars are good courses to take as a senior. I haven't attended it yet, which makes it easier to drop, and I really like my advanced mechanistic organic chemistry class. Advanced mech only has 5 people in it which gives it a nice small feel, and overall it's just a fun course. Which means I'm taking all chemistry courses, and only 3 units (technically). Inorganic (even without the lab) and stat therm in particular are highly time consuming courses and not going to seminar on Wednesday nights gives me more time to hammer through psets and study for them. I have a good feeling about this semester; not taking any biology courses is going to be a little weird, but whatevs, at least I have biochem.

It also gives me more time to play with my little project (although PEOPLE KEEP USING THE COMPUTER LAB SO I CAN'T USE SCI-FINDER! grrrr).

Onto making flashcards to help me memorize the periodic table for inorganic.

No comments: