Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Seriously, though

Apologies for posting here so much; I'm on the last few days of winter break and have the time to do so, I suppose and I'm going a little stirr-crazy.

I was wondering if there are better RSS feeds than the one I have for PNAS, Nature, and Science. All of my ACS journal feeds are quite nice; it gives a full abstract as well as a graphical abstract and makes browsing really easy. And I recently managed to dig up a better feed for Angewandte Chemie (mostly due to reading chemistry blogs of other science people who spend far too much of their life on the interwebs). But I can't find an RSS feed for Cell, and Nature, PNAS and Science suck. No abstract, no nothing but the title and authors. Do biologists spend less time dicking around on the internet? I doubt it. There is way too much down time in molecular biology for that to be true. I gotta do some surfing around to find them.

Unrelated, but I also found it interesting that there was an extensive review article about RNA interference in Angewandte Chemie the other day. The borders of biology and chemistry are becoming very fuzzy indeed.

No comments: