Wednesday, October 15, 2008

RSS feeds

So instead of doing anything productive today, like studying for/finishing my midterms, I decided to add several journals to my google reader in hopes that RSS feeds will provide me with more procrastination opportunities inspire me to keep up with the lit. The problem means diverse interests=lots of journals I could (attempt to sort of) keep up with. Right now I have RSS feeds for Nature, Science, JACS, JOC, JBC, JMB, PNAS, Journal of Med. Chem., Angewandte Chemie, Biochemistry, Bioorganic Chemistry and Organic Letters. Which is pretty much everything on my list except Cell, Tetrahedron, and Synthesis, which I can't find an RSS feed for on google reader. Oh I guess I could add Chemistry & Biology and a few more, but anyway this list is getting unmanageable. I was surprised to not find Cell, but it seems that synthetic chemists are bigger RSS feed users than biologists because I found more obscure chemistry journals than obscure biology journals with feeds set up.

Regardless, we'll see if I actually skim through the lit now, or if it just piles up as more unread stuff on my google reader.

No comments: